i’m really glad you guys understand how important this is
The sort of parallel universe we all in a way begin to fear because we're not sure what it's like.
I assure you though, my dear. It isn't too bad on the other side. At least, not by far.
I'm Hide or Rabbit. Whichever you prefer. I like a lot of things, obviously. You know, stuff. I like stuff. I love to make new friends, so don't be shy! I promise I don't bite-- Too often.
I'm currently in a bad place and would love everyone of you if you could help me get out! I will love each and everyone of you and personally write everyone a letter that helps me.
This legitimately upsets me.
… Y’see, now, y’see, I’m looking at this, thinking, squares fit together better than circles, so, say, if you wanted a box of donuts, a full box, you could probably fit more square donuts in than circle donuts if the circumference of the circle touched the each of the corners of the square donut.
So you might end up with more donuts.
But then I also think… Does the square or round donut have a greater donut volume? Is the number of donuts better than the entire donut mass as a whole?
A round donut with radius R1 occupies the same space as a square donut with side 2R1. If the center circle of a round donut has a radius R2 and the hole of a square donut has a side 2R2, then the area of a round donut is πR12 - πr22. The area of a square donut would be then 4R12 - 4R22. This doesn’t say much, but in general and throwing numbers, a full box of square donuts has more donut per donut than a full box of round donuts.
The interesting thing is knowing exactly how much more donut per donut we have. Assuming first a small center hole (R2 = R1/4) and replacing in the proper expressions, we have a 27,6% more donut in the square one (Round: 15πR12/16 ≃ 2,94R12, square: 15R12/4 = 3,75R12). Now, assuming a large center hole (R2 = 3R1/4) we have a 27,7% more donut in the square one (Round: 7πR12/16 ≃ 1,37R12, square: 7R12/4 = 1,75R12). This tells us that, approximately, we’ll have a 27% bigger donut if it’s square than if it’s round.
tl;dr: Square donuts have a 27% more donut per donut in the same space as a round one.
god i love this site
can’t argue with science. Heretofore, I want my donuts square.
more donut per donut
I HAVE THIS PHOBIA HARDCORE
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAG IT, I’VE GOTTEN REACTIONS FROM AS LITTLE AS A QUEASY FEELING TO FULL BLOWN PANIC ATTACKS
NEITHER IS PARTICULARLY DESIRABLE
Thank you OP for making this power point
WOAH-HO THERE’S A NAME FOR IT?! Dude this has been on my mind all month! I didn’t think I’d ever find something to define it properly! Thank you so much now I can tell people about it without being terribly vague.
I have this phobia and its the absolute worst
i didnt know it had a name for it!!
Look, if you nicely tell me that swearing makes you uncomfortable and you politely ask me not to, I will stop immediately and speak nicer than a nun.
But if you start acting like you’re on some fucking high horse, or telling me that I’m going to Hell for talking the way that I do and you can’t “be around that kind of language” then you can bet your motherfuckin’ ass that I’ll be fucking cussing like a cunt-fuckin’ sailor you maggot-ridden piece of dick.
These are amazing. I want them.
Minimalistic look at Mental Disorders
This is the only post to ever make me understand agoraphobia
Friendly reminder that the Duckbill Platypus is not beaver sized but the tiniest most cutest patootie being in existence
i thought these things were the size of like, large cats or something. ITS FUCKING TINY JESUS
whoever thought this was a good way to sell wigs may need to rethink their business endeavors
You know what?
I don’t care if being a lesbian isn’t natural.
Its 2014. Oreos don’t have a single natural ingredient in them that isn’t distilled out of recognition. People get their vegetables from cans. They have made cruelty-free, lab-grown BACON. People fly around in big, metal machines.
I. AM. TALKING. TO SOMEONE. ACROSS THE WORLD. IN A MATTER OF SECONDS.
Not natural. Is not bad.
Your rhetoric is no longer a valid excuse for hate.
Please reblog if you know anyone who might take party drugs.
I’m not an emt yet, but everytime I see someone do drugs, I just hope they’re smart enough to remember these points.
I really love this, because as someone with anxiety when I did take party drugs way back when I was always scared of going to the hospital because I didnt want to be arrested…..even when I bad tripped and cried in the bathroom for 10 hours because I thought Jeff was trying to murder me. I dont do party drugs anymore, but it still is comforting to me….seriously.
Most EMTS and medics I’ve met are some of the most non-judgmental folks ever. Look, we love helping people and saving lives. That’s what we went to school for. Help us help you, and everyone will fare better for it.
Important to pass along :)
I’ve never taken drugs, but I know from experience that EMTs are super nice and care a lot about you. The EMTs I dealt with made sure I was comfortable and distracted enough so I wasn’t freaking out, while also keeping me talking.
They really do care about you.
Please always remember this! It’s scary but you’ll get through it friends :)
5 minutes ago they were chasing the laser
i cant believe you fucking killed your cats with a laser you fucking monster
The Master List Of Insanely Awesome Links To Cure Boredom With!
- 27 Incredible Views You’d Only See If You Were A Bird
- The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time. This Wins The Internet
- What Cities Would Look Like Without Any Lights…WHOA
- 20 Microwave Life Hacks You Might Not Know About
- Top 10 Beauty Life Hacks! These Are Brilliant.
- The 15 Most Unbelievably Colorful Places in the World
- 13 Hypnotizing GIFs That Show How Everyday Things Are Made
- 21 Things You Might Not Know About Jurassic Park. #8 Blew My Mind.
- This Is The Most Entertaining Way To Pass Time On The Train
- This Guy Asked For Someone To Fix The Redeye In His Pic. What Happened Next Is Why I Love The Internet.
- 13 Amazing Photos of THINGS CUT IN HALF!
- The 21 Most Ridiculous Infomercial GIFs. #How Do I Life
- This Is Why Photoshop Was Invented. Meet Benedict Cumbercats.
- Here Are 13 Random Acts Of Kindness That Will Make Your Day.
- 14 Reasons To Love Pope Francis. What A Great Human Being.
- 14 Celebrities That LOOK LIKE MATTRESSES
- 11 Celebrities That Might Be Time Travelers
- 12 Weirdly Awesome Things Inside This Guy’s Beard
- The 10 Best Pizza Ideas Ever
- 10 Starbucks Secret Menu Items
- 20 Reasons Fat Cats Are Undeniably The Best Cats
- The Best Movies Coming Out This Year
- 12 Reasons Fake Nails Are The Absolute Worst
- Hand Drawn Art You Won’t Believe Is Real!
- Nurses Held This Newborn Up To Meet His Mommy For The First Time. What He Did Next Melted My Heart.